Please visit this page for latest information regarding Coronavirus.
8th October 2020
Safe swimming lessons at the Pelican!
It's great to have you back for swimming lessons at The Pelican Centre!
Some pointers to help you and others enjoy lessons in safety and comfort:
- Arrive ‘beach ready’ wearing your swimming gear under clothes
- Sanitise hands on entry
- Wear a face covering
- A maximum of 1 adult per family to spectate
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes before your lesson start time
- No items to be left in cubicles
- Use the ‘green tick’ chairs while spectating
- Meet children in changing rooms at the end of the lesson
- No outdoor footwear on poolside
- Stay 2m apart from others
Remember! Don’t attend any class if anyone in your household is unwell.
Thank you. Enjoy your swimming lessons!
23rd September 2020
Get back in the pool safely!
Follow our Pool Code to enjoy safe swimming at The Pelican Centre.
- Pre-book your swim on the ClubRight app
- Arrive on time for your session
- Pre-shower at home & arrive wearing swimwear under clothes
- Use hand sanitiser stations
- Follow directional signs & lane etiquette
- Changing rooms are open but no hand or hair dryers in operation
- Cancel your session as soon as possible if you can no longer attend
- Bring your own kickboards or other equipment for family or lane swim sessions
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle
- Respect others & leave space whilst swimming. When resting, leave space for others to turn
Do not attend if you are feeling unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms.
15th July 2020
The Pelican Centre Reopening FAQs
When will you be opening?
Gym and classes will restart on 3rd August.
Pool will reopen on 10th August for swim sessions ONLY.
Swimming lessons will restart in September.
We are implementing a phased return to ensure that our members can enjoy the Centre in comfort and to enable our team to adapt to the new ways of working. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Do I need to book my sessions?
Yes! When we reopen you will need to book all sessions in advance – absolutely no drop-ins.
This helps us to make sure that the total number of people using the Centre is controlled. We will be using the ClubRight app for bookings. Members should register here: https://pelicantyldesley.clubright.co.uk/account/login
We will NOT accept bookings for sessions via Facebook or email. You may still phone us to book a session. You must otherwise use the ClubRight app for all gym, class and pool session times.
What changes have been made inside?
We have made some changes internally to the Centre and to our procedures to help keep you and the staff team safe.
- We have rearranged gym equipment to ensure space and social distancing
- We have enhanced our cleaning regimes
- There are more cleaning stations within the gym for you to wipe equipment down before and after use
- More hand sanitiser points throughout the building
- Where possible we will be using cashless payments
- We have invested in sensor door releases and new fire magnetic lock systems to reduce touch points on doors
- We have invested in clear signage which is clear reminding members to follow directions and social distancing
- We have developed our Get Back Safely Code, setting out what we’re doing and what we ask our members to do in return
- We have reduced numbers in the Centre to allow everyone to access the facility in comfort
- We’ve also given the Centre a spruce-up during our closure, including painting, new lighting and new signage!
What should I do to prepare for a session?
- Arrive a few minutes before your booked session time. Gym sessions will be limited to one hour
- Fill your drinks bottle prior to arrival
- Use hand sanitiser provided before and during your visit
- Come dressed and ready to exercise
- Leave straight after your session
- If you can’t attend your session, cancel on the ClubRight app in advance – give another member the opportunity to take your spot
- When using the pool, pre-shower at home and arrive with your swimwear on underneath your clothes, ready to swim
- Keep an eye out for our social media posts, signage and website for updated guidance
When will swimming lessons start?
Swimming lessons will start later in our reopening schedule, in September.
We will be contacting all members with swimming lessons booked individually – please wait to hear from us.
Where can I find more information?
Our Get Back Safely Code sets out what we’re doing and what we ask our members to do, to allow everyone to access the Centre safely.
Need specific detail? Feel free to contact Natalia or a member of our Centre team with any specific queries you have relating to our reopening plans.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to The Pelican Centre!
12th June 2020
Get Back Safely to The Pelican Centre
We’re working hard to get The Pelican Centre ready to reopen in a phased return. We don’t have dates yet but we’ll let you know as soon as we do.
We’ll be uploading video to our social media and website in the coming weeks, showing you how to use The Pelican Centre safely and introducing our safety measures to protect you and our team.
What should you expect when you get back?
We’re introducing our ‘Get Back Safely’ Code.
|What you’ll do||What we’re doing|
|✔ Wash your hands before entering the Centre
✔ Bring water in your own bottles – water fountains won’t be in use
✔ NO sweat towels in the gym
✔ Come ready for your workout – changing & shower facilities will be out of use
✔ Don’t bring bags – just come with what you need for your workout
✔ Clean gym equipment after use with sanitising wipes provided
✔ Bring your own yoga/workout mat – contact the Centre if you’d like to buy one!
✔ Don’t attend if you or anyone in your household is ill or has symptoms of COVID-19. Please help to protect our local community.
|✔ Spacing measures to help you stay apart
✔ Regular, increased cleaning of facilities & equipment
✔ Regular communications via the website, social media & email to keep you informed
✔ Thorough staff training so our team understand all procedures & can help you to stay safe
✔ Investing in signage & sanitiser stations throughout the Centre
✔ Investment in PPE for staff
✔ Video guidance for adults & children on using the Centre
✔ Keep an eye out for our new booking app launch, which will help you to exercise & enjoy the Centre at a time to suit you, in comfort & safety
We’re taking every measure we can to help you and our team Get Back Safely.
Please contact us if you have any queries or if you have any specific concerns. Keep an eye on our social media, website and your email for more news.
Thank you as always for your support!
Natalia & the Centre team
1st June 2020
The Pelican Centre: Reopening Information
We hope you and your families are well! Our team’s working hard to plan how the Centre will operate when it’s time to reopen.
At the moment, we don’t have a date, but we’re preparing for an announcement to be made during June or July.
✔ We want to reassure you that, for the comfort of everyone, we won’t rush to reopen and will do so in the safest way possible
✔ Our team will come back on site first to update their training on new policies and procedures, particularly around the safe operation and management of The Pelican Centre, and protection of our members
✔ We’ll launch a phased reopening – keep an eye on our social media for more news!
Our priority is making sure that our staff and members are safe and can enjoy The Pelican Centre fully. We understand that many of you are keen to return, and we are too!
We’re looking forward to seeing you all again just as soon as we can, and we’ll update this page as soon as we can with more news.
23rd March 2020
An update relating to COVID-19
The centre is now closed, we will remain closed until we receive further advice from the Government in relation to re-opening.
All direct debits and lessons have been frozen, annual memberships have been extended.
During these turbulent times it's vitally important that we continue to look after ourselves and each other. Continuing to exercise is important, for our physical and mental health. We will be launching some online classes and home workouts, please keep an eye on our facebook page for the launch of these.
Thank you to all members who have been in touch to unfreeze their memberships to offer support during this difficult time it is greatly appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back as soon as it is safe to do so.
The Pelican Centre team.